Status Update – 28/4/17
Long Term Ash Storage Area Program
- The EPA has approved the rehabilitation plans for the ash storage area. Work on applying topsoil continues so that it is in place in time for native vegetation to be established in the coming months.
- The construction process has progressed to the fifth of a total of five “access fingers”. Water and Bon-Matt HR is used as topsoil dust suppressant.
- Ten trucks, three D6 dozer, a D7 dozer, a D9 dozer, one 30t excavator and one 45t excavator were available for placing loads of topsoil onto the ash storage area surface this last week however unfavourable weather prevented any activity. 90mm of rain has fallen in the area since 20/4/17. The Pisten Bully is under mechanical repairs.
- There have been approximately 310,000m3 of top soil carted on to the Ash Storage Area since the commencement of the project on 4 January 2017. Topsoil distribution will continue over the coming weeks.
- Dust monitors remain in operation to provide real-time data for monitoring and reporting.
- All works remained suspended on ash storage area due to rain and will resume when conditions permit.
- Flinders Power personnel continue to monitor the polishing pond for odour.
Augusta Power Stations Site Enquiries
All public enquiries may be directed to Flinders Power by:
Telephone: 0419 252 760
Additional information can be found at www.flinderspower.com.au
Please Note: The progress reports are issued weekly. Special bulletins/media alerts may be issued from time to time when conditions or circumstances demand it.