Status update – Friday (23 June 2017)
Long Term Ash Storage Area Program
- Carting of top soil to the Ash Storage Area continues.
- Priority areas for top soil spreading are in preparation for seeding in the middle 2 zones of the ASA
- Seven trucks, five D6 dozers, one 30t excavator, one PistenBully and one 45t excavator are working at the site.
- Dust monitors remain in operation to provide real-time data for monitoring and reporting.
Ash Storage Area Revegetation
- Seeding was completed in the southern portion of the borrow pit this week.
- Native vegetation seeding on the topsoil commenced on the ASA today June 23.
- Water in the polishing pond has increased following the recent rains. Flinders Power personnel continue to monitor and manage the pond for odour.
Augusta Power Stations Site Enquiries
All public enquiries may be directed to Flinders Power by:
Telephone: 0419 252 760
Additional information can be found at www.flinderspower.com.au
Please Note: Updates are issued fortnightly. Special bulletins/media alerts may be issued from time to time when conditions or circumstances demand it.