Status update – 12/5/2017
Long Term Ash Storage Area Program
- Work on applying topsoil continues so that it is in place in time for native vegetation to be established in the coming months.
- The construction process has progressed to the fifth of a total of five “access fingers”. Water and Bon-Matt HR is used as topsoil dust suppressant.
- Seven trucks, five D6 dozers, one 30t excavator and one 45t excavator have placed 204 loads of topsoil onto the ash storage area surface this last week.
- The Pisten Bully has returned from mechanical repairs and will start working again today.
- Approximately 316,000m3 of top soil has been carted on to the Ash Storage Area since the start of the project on 4 January 2017. Topsoil distribution will continue over the coming weeks.
- Dust monitors remain in operation to provide real-time data for monitoring and reporting.
- Water in the polishing pond has increased following last week’s rain. Flinders Power personnel continue to monitor the polishing pond for odour.
Augusta Power Stations Site Enquiries
- All public enquiries may be directed to Flinders Power by:
Telephone: 0419 252 760
Additional information can be found at www.flinderspower.com.au
Please Note: The progress reports are issued weekly. Special bulletins/media alerts may be issued from time to time when conditions or circumstances demand it.