Status update – 21/4/2017
Long Term Ash Storage Area Program
Ash storage area work has been temporarily suspended due to recent rain. It is expected that this work will resume tomorrow (Saturday) once site conditions have been fully assessed.
- The EPA-approved rehabilitation plans for the ash storage area and the application of topsoil will continue in time for native vegetation to be established in the coming months.
- The construction process has progressed to the fifth of a total of five “access fingers”. Water and Bon-Matt HR is used as topsoil dust suppressant.
- There have been approximately 310,000m of top soil carted to the ash storage area since the start of the project on 4 January 2017.
- Ten trucks, a D6 dozer, a D7 dozer, a D9 dozer, one 30t excavator and one 45t excavator continued operating in the past week, placing over 718 loads of topsoil onto the ash storage area surface. The PistenBully machine is currently under mechanical repairs.
- Approval has been granted by the Native Vegetation Council to extend the existing topsoil “borrow pit” to the north by a further 10Ha on Flinders Power land.
- Dust monitors remain in operation to provide real-time data for monitoring and reporting.
- Flinders Power personnel continue to monitor the polishing pond for odour.
Playford Power Station
- Asbestos removal works have been completed in Boiler 4/5 with scaffolding construction commenced in Boiler 3/4.
Augusta Power Stations Site Enquiries
All public enquiries may be directed to Flinders Power by:
Telephone: 0419 252 760
Please Note: The progress reports are issued weekly. Special bulletins/media alerts may be issued from time to time when conditions or circumstances demand it.